Monday, February 25, 2008

The Cake Box

The Cake Box Bakery bakes fantastic Bush Bread, but only on Tuesdays and Thursdays. You might be out of luck if you wait until afternoon to pick it up. I believe that everything they sell has been made on site but I should check on that. I think it's fantastic that the bakery carries eggs from a farm in town. I'd prefer to eventually cut out that middle step and get them directly but for now I love getting good bread and fresh, free run eggs (from "happy chickens") in the same place. If you call ahead the bakery will put aside both your favorite loaf of bread and some eggs for you to pick up later in the day. That's another small town service that I love.



The Cake Box Bakery
10108 Main Street
Summerland, BC
494-4244
info@cakeboxbakery.ca

No comments: