Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Green Hills Organic Farm

Green Hills is run by organic farmer Joe Bienz. We buy our vegetables from him whenever possible at both the Summerland and Penticton farmer's markets. When he has fruit available we take advantage of that too. The raspberries are fantastic. I appreciate his quiet manner and good advice. If we were a little more proactive I'm pretty sure we could contact him directly and avoid the crapshoot of the markets. We don't tend to get out early and miss a lot of good stuff.

Certified Organic products: Assorted ground crops, assorted tree fruit, berries, forage

The Certified Organic Association of BC has a site that you can search for organic farmers in your region.


GreenHills Organic Farm
15815 Denike St
Summerland, BC
V0H 1Z8













Phone: (250) 494-8496
Email: jbienz@img.net

6 comments:

Jeremy said...

Mmmm...fresh zucchini from the Zucchini Master. I've been a bit deprived this winter, I think. Richard and I met Joe on Giant's Head in fall and he talked about his enjoyment of farming -- super nice guy.

Kaili said...

I think he have bought some yummy stuff from him too.
I love this new blog idea. I have always thought of having a place that lists/catergorizes "stuff" in that local area, so you can just check it and go where it's cheaper or better.
Cool!
We get our eggs from a local farm and now I can't remember the street or the new, I'll get that info though.
Cool idea, I hope people participate and it will rock!

Tannis said...

Thanks guys, I'm liking this start! It would be great to know where you get the eggs Kaili. We often get them from the bakery in town but we might as well find the source. I know there's a place up in Faulder too, I'll track down the info for it.

Dianne Hiebert said...

Tannis, this is a great blog! Thanks for posting it. It inspires me to keep searching out local stuff.

Tannis said...

Glad you like it! I'm having trouble keeping fresh posts coming but I think once things start growing it will be easier.

Mair said...

Great blog. I found the contact number for Green Hills Farm here. I always buy their apple cider vinegar...best in the world...and I have run out. Thanks.
marion carrier
Merica Natural Beauty Products